Wednesday, February 27, 2013

So very impressed!!!!

Went to a school open house today and i was awed, impressed and determined to send zyon there for his primary studies.

Its a special school catered for children diagnosed with autism. When i arrived at the school this morning, first thought that popped into my head was "wow, zy is going to love it here". Second thought was "omg, zyon IS gonna love it here" . And after walking deeper into the premise, reaching the auditorium, my third thought was "WOW, ZYON IS GOING TO LOVE IT HERE". I cant express that thrill i felt at that moment in words, but every step that i took in that school, just made me feel 'oh-so-right'. Every step i made makes my eyes well p in tears. YES, THIS IS THE PLACE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR. The place i had pictured in my mind ever since i tried walking into the world of autism, my son's world.  I just didnt know that such a place REALLY exists!!!!!! Now that i've found it, i dont wanna lose any chance and miss it.

The environment is clean, bright and airy, everything is handled in a great order, the classrooms are filled with information and routines, each student is being cared for by their personality and kept in track according to their likes and acceptance of their daily activities that we take for granted. In short, this is a place of acceptance, help and respect. Their curriculum consists of social and life skills, and not to forget of cos the usual subjects.

They take note of every single small details that even we as main caregivers of our child miss!  If like me you have a child with autism im sure u know the kind of dedication n devotion we have for our child and yet it never occured to me that such small details like the different water taps you see in malls and public places would be quite a problem! Or maybe its jusﹰt me?? Im guilty.

They have a huge library , gym and hall for PE. Bakery, com lab, science lab... etc. Its just perfect.

God, pls let me get a spot for my baby!!!! Will update more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the 3 words my son never says but shows me everyday

"I LOVE YOU" He tries his best to accept what is asked of him on a daily basis whether or not he likes it or being able to acc...