Sunday, November 11, 2012

boy fights

A brand new day and my baby boy woke up coughing.. well it could be that his throat was dry so i made him milk and after a while got him dressed for school.  its just another day and nothing much was going on, we were doing what we do ever morning and i got new stickers to stick on zyon's lunchbox :) cute space stickers.. he was so happy!! Its the best feeling to see your child being so happy early in the morning.. nothing else beats that. Hes been really into stickers lately and i wonder why... probably its like full of little pictures or stuff like that.. he loves small pictures and stuffs hahahaha. Off he went to school and off i went to do my chores.
 
Was time to pick him up and when i reached the school, i saw that the teachers looked at me awkwardly and hurried to explain that zyon fought in school. i was like "huh? my son? fought in school? no way man..." I mean zyon has always been gentle and i was very worried that he might not be able to stand up for himself if he gets bullied, thats how gentle he is and now im being told he fought in school??? no way man! no way.  *shakes head*
 
so the teacher then explained to me, the class were doing art work and zyon apparently wanted his classmates's art and he just took it away in a nonchalant manner, okok you can say he snatched it haha and his classmate's first reaction was 'hit his face'.  And when that boy hit my son, my son hit him back! And zyon was going to pinch that boy the teacher reached them and stop the fight. The teacher was explaining the story to me slowly in details, to her she is doing her job. To me, the words she used, the phrases she said, its like its my son's fault. Ok i dont deny that in the first place zyon shouldnt snatch the art piece, but that boy shouldnt hit him in his face, isnt it?? And as teachers, they should teach zyon its wrong to snatch, and teach that boy its wrong to hit. Then make them shake hands and explain that they are classmates and they should love and respect each other, no fighting. Right? NO!! THEY DIDNT DO THAT. HOW ARE THE KIDS GONNA STOP FIGHTING???? The teacher said :-
 
"becos zyon snatched the boy's art thats why the boy hit him and zyon hit him back and wanted to pinch him but i stopped them, zyon has started to hit back and bite people huh? he wasnt like that i was like whoa" .
 
AND I WAS LIKE WTF??? Because nobody is telling the kids its not right to hit. And seriously what was the teacher trying to say? Maybe im being sensitive but as a mother with a son who hasnt started talking yet, hey how would i know if its not like that? Maybe there were some reasons behind? If you dont provoke my son, he will never touch you. I mean who knows my child better than me the mother who stays wth him 24/7?? right?And its not the first time, the first time i saw it myself on the cctv that there was a boy who stomped on my son and stepped on him over and over again on his tummy!!!!! i called the school straightaway and asked "why is that boy stomping on zyon non stop? can somebody please stop him???? my son is crying!!" The teacher then apologized when i picked him up on that day and said she will watch him closely.This time,  Zyon's face, nose bridge and upper cheek were scratched and was slightly bleeding!!!!! sigh.......... even though i was mad, but my son was in the fault too and i explained he shouldnt be snatching other people's things and hitting people. And coming to think about it , boys will fight defintely, and i cant be there to protect zyon all the time, he has to know that there are bound to have such people around and he musnt be afraid.
 
OF COS the class teacher apologized to me and i looked at her sincerely and said "its ok , i understand that you cant watch so many kids at one time, and as kids ths is bound to happen. especially boys.."
 
When i told my family and friends, they were shocked that zyon fought, they too think that the boy must have hit him first! I of cos feel that too..
 
So the next day i followed the cctv closely and decided chores can be done later, i spent the morning 'stalking' my son on the cctv hahahaha and i saw a boy going around pulling other girl's pigtails, pushing and hitting other kids in class. I shook my head and think, 'why isnt anyone stopping that boy?'..... This made me realized yes, there will always be a bully in the different phases of life. This is what we call Growing up.
 
Isnt it stressful for parents as well as the child thats attending school? Meeting people from all sorts of family background and values....  

No comments:

Post a Comment

the 3 words my son never says but shows me everyday

"I LOVE YOU" He tries his best to accept what is asked of him on a daily basis whether or not he likes it or being able to acc...