Sunday, October 28, 2012

An inspiring story

Its one of those beautiful days when you feel all is right in the world, i decided to stop at a cafe with my 4 year old son.

At the next table, a mother and her 10 year old son were laughing at a joke he just told her. She asked him about his day in school and he told her the games he played during recess. When the waiter came to take their orders, he asked "mama, can i have a cake a cup of hot chocolate?" She ruffled his hair and said "go ahead".

When the waiter came to our table, i asked my son if he would like to have a hot chocolate , he stared at the speckled dust in the air refelcted by the light , his head locked to one side while spinning the spoon he had found on the table. He appeared not to hear me, it was as if i hadnt spoken. I looked with envy at the other table where the mother and son share an ordinary moment with her child. That all-too-familiar ach descended as i realized once again that i might never have a moment like tat with my son. I wonder if he'll ever look at me with the same interest as he have for the spoon. I reached for the spoon and started fidgiting with it \. My son looked at the movement of the spoon, i picked it up and twirled it infront of my face. For an instant, he looked at me in the eyes and smiled before fixating back on the spoon, melting my heart in the process.

Perhaps i thought i might never be able to have a conversation with him about recess but i know we will connect somehow. We will find a way.

Our way.

from a strong mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the 3 words my son never says but shows me everyday

"I LOVE YOU" He tries his best to accept what is asked of him on a daily basis whether or not he likes it or being able to acc...