Monday, October 29, 2012

Life is full of hopes

Brought zy for his speech therapy session and i told his therapist about the result of his autism evaluation. The therapist gave me a shocked look and asked me where did i bring zy to for the assessment? So i told her the name of the center and immediately she gave me a dull look. I continued to tell her what the therapist told me in regards to how zy is not having mild autism but severe. The speeech therapist couldnt hear anymore and she stopped me saying "she tells that to everyone who goes there for evaluation. And they dont even provide occuptaional therapys!!!!"

I was shocked. Mainly because that lady sounded to real and she told me they had occuaptional therapy facilities in their center. then the speech therapist continued to say,

"they dont have occupational therapy there, its just that they know how occupational therapy is being done and they just do it without knowing what they are doing!!"

MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! And i nearly sent my son there!!!!!! so what does this mean? My baby boy is not autistic? wrongly diagnosed just becos they wanted to earn my money?????????? What the hell~

So i decided to listen to my speech therapist and called zy's pd in regards to the matter. The PD said immediately,

"what nonsense??? He is fine!!!!!! even if he is autistic is really at the very borderline!! def not severe!!!!! and he doesnt need to change his diet! no no no no. I would suggest occupational therapy thats all"

PRAISE GOD!!!

I was happy!!! and mad!!!!!! Happy because my son is not what she claimed to be and im so mad at her lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats it! i had enough!!!! Im tired! Im lost because i dont know to who i should listen to!! I brought zy immediately to a polyclinic to get a referal letter to see the doctors at the govt hospital just for kids. When we finally saw the dotor at the polyclinic after waiting for the whole morning, he looked at my son and said "I dont think he is autistic at all. Look at his eye contact and response to me, its very good"

My tears welled up! i was ecstatic! However to clear all my doubts and worries i decided i will send him to the hospital anyway. And so an appt was fixed for 3 months later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the 3 words my son never says but shows me everyday

"I LOVE YOU" He tries his best to accept what is asked of him on a daily basis whether or not he likes it or being able to acc...